Associate Director, Business Leadership and Digital Strategy
Blue Chip Worldwide is an independent, fully-integrated, global marketing company that unites healthcare, retail, and brand marketers to achieve remarkable business results. We create and execute integrated marketing and communications ideas and solutions.
We exist to give incredible people the opportunity to make a difference.
• Kind & Compassionate
• Pride of Ownership & Accountability
As Associate Director, Business Leadership & Digital Strategy you will be responsible for day-to-day client oversight and developing digital media strategy that meets / exceeds client expectations, while working closely with our client and partner agency to bring that strategy to life. Additionally, you will work closely with client’s partner agency, and BC agency peers to ensure the flawless execution & KPI driven performance of our client’s campaigns. You are expected to continuously challenge yourself, your client & agency counterparts to unite to develop relevant, original and impactful digital strategies and test & learn opportunities that span the full spectrum of digital. This position works closely with and reports directly to the Vice President, Business Leadership with a dotted line reporting relationship with the Senior Director Digital Engagement.
The Associate Director, Business Leadership & Digital Strategy will work closely with the Vice President, Business Leadership to maintain the financial health of the account and identify opportunities to expand the agency-client relationship. This position is responsible for fostering a strong working relationship with the client and the client’s agency partner.
The person in this role will be a key internal and client team leader, with responsibility for one or more client partnerships. A Business Leader is the “Voice of the Client” (i.e., the expert on the client’s business), with a commitment to client business growth. He or she gains, shares and applies client-intimate knowledge about their organization, leadership, internal influencers, culture, values, politics, product(s), go-to market strategy, distribution systems, competition, targets and objectives to maximize Blue Chip’s impact. Our three key areas of strength are Leadership, Strategy and Relationship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Demonstrate the mission, vision, values and culture principles of Blue Chip Worldwide.
• Lead and manage the day-to-day strategic digital media planning activities for assigned account(s)
• The Associate Director is responsible for identifying and developing digital strategies & supporting tactics alongside the Senior Director Digital Engagement & Associate Director Paid Social, driving both results for our client as well as Digital Marketing revenue growth for Blue Chip
• Uncover/Understand client objectives, challenges and needs as it pertains to digital
• Actively participate in long range strategic planning for our existing clients
• The Associate Director must maintain a constant dialogue with agency counterparts and clients
• Stay on top of changing digital landscape by networking, meeting and building relationships with new vendor partners, etc.
• Develop & share digital / media POV’s as needed (both internally & client facing)
• Communicate effectively and confidently - present to clients, client partners, and agency counterparts
• Be able to clearly and confidently speak to the intricacies of programmatic, paid social, attribution, strategic rationale and the digital landscape as a whole
• Work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
• Confirm client objectives and establish strategic direction to develop internal briefs that inspire great work
• Oversee team partnerships with Project Leadership to confirm client scope of work deliverables are being met
• Responsible for meeting leadership and preparation
• Build relationships with mid-senior-and executive-level clients, gaining understanding of professional/ personal motivations and influence
• Effectively lead team by understanding team dynamics and individual working styles to optimize day to day workflow
• Proactively manage client expectations and oversee effectiveness of team communications
• Build understanding and true advocacy within the agency for the client’s business growth challenges and opportunities
• Contribute to the development of client business SWOT that informs the business plan
• Develop business understanding from available sales/distribution data
• In-depth and up-to -date knowledge of opportunities/benefits of major marketing agency disciplines, and ability to counsel clients on their ongoing marketing challenges
• Partner with internal subject matter experts to identify and leverage key relationships with outside partners to benefit clients
• Commit to the mission of client business growth
• Articulate the agency’s value to clients: our subject matter expertise and experts
• Articulate how clients should work with the agency to maximize their benefit
• Regularly present new ideas to clients to grow their business and brands
• Proactively provide client business-building ideas for their brands outside the day-to-day business scope of work
• Play a leadership role in developing and delivering scope of work plan to client, agency POV, and business case rationale for marketing recommendations
• Regularly present to clients and to internal agency teams
• Assist in managing billing/invoicing of client
• Must be able to travel occasionally overnight and on weekends
• Comply with all corporate and departmental standard operating procedures as well as FDA and other governmental regulations (e.g., IRB, EC)
• Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with regulatory and federal regulations
• Responsible for maintaining up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy
Blue Chip Worldwide Qualities
To be successful, every Blue Chip Worldwide employee should possess the following qualities:
• Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around
• Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
• Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
• Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
• Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
• Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
Education, Experience and Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communications
• 5+ years advertising/media agency experience, with strong digital, programmatic, and client facing experience (previous Client Leadership experience a plus)
• Experience developing & executing media strategy, engaging the marketplace, managing marketplace / client / team relationships, analyzing proposals, negotiating with vendors, and developing media recommendations rooted in strategy, and experience executing and overseeing programmatic campaigns
- Business Leadership