Associate Director, Project Management
Continuum Clinical (CC), a part of BC Worldwide, is a global clinical trial enrollment company. With over twenty-five years of experience, Continuum Clinical specializes in providing sponsors and CROs with patient recruitment and retention planning, study and site support, patient recruitment campaigns, patient advocacy and diversity & inclusion services, retention solutions, and reporting and analytics.
We exist to give incredible people opportunity to make a difference.
• Kind & Compassionate
• Pride of Ownership & Accountability
The Associate Director, Project Management (ADPM) is an integral team leader with shared responsibility for the growth and success of one or more teams within the PM&O. The ADPM’s role is to assist in team-level planning, training and management as well as supervising the development of/and overseeing project plans and schedules, managing cross-functional team deliverables, and by contributing to the effective execution and compliance of multiple internal and client-facing projects by providing direction to direct reports. This person will report to the Senior Director of Business Operations PM&O, and will be responsible for leading large, integrated or complex projects independently and supporting Project Managers on large-scale projects while managing priorities and risks. Working collaboratively within the department, PM&O will manage internal expectations while Account Leadership will manage client expectations to achieve best in class client service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of BC Worldwide
• Work with partners and internal team(s) to align on project deliverables and timing; ensure project activities maximize overall value delivered to the client(s) and meet the quality and regulatory standards required
• Support the Senior Director of Business Operations PM&O in implementing team structures and staffing strategies that will help foster collaborative, cross-functional relationships
• Provide Account Leadership with strategic project planning perspective on briefs, budgets, schedules and processes across multiple projects
• Effectively manage workload and assignment allocations of project teams, keeping production on time and within budget which may go beyond a single specific client or client team
• Proactively identify and/or guide direct reports in the identification of potential project-related risks and recommendations of workable solutions; collaborate and lead teams to mitigate risks and engage in contingency planning to recommend solutions
• Ensure PM&O team members have a strong, fundamental knowledge of Project Management processes and procedures and can consistently execute established best practices; use and provide direction on best-in-class project management techniques, established workflows and best practices across digital and traditional disciplines
• Oversee multiple projects within agency cross-functional teams, including translations, digital development, and media set-up
• Oversee management of priorities and client change control with Account Leadership
• Oversee management of priority lists for the digital development and design teams
• Oversee management of digital executions and revisions across assigned programs (website, display, search, social, promotional, emails, etc.); may serve as primary point of contact between Continuum Clinical and the Web Prod Team
• Identify areas of improvement related to internal operating needs, think creatively and lead discussions with cross-functional teams to recommend solutions, develop new/modified workflows and standards and implement change management that result in solid execution across client projects
• Play a lead role in developing and overseeing internal processes critical to the agency’s success. These may include processes such as those to improve productivity, profitability, or systems implementations. Accountable for related change management and ongoing process adherence and improvement
• Ensure consistent and standard management of process oversights such as quality control, file naming/saving, and proofreading QC across assigned projects
• Monitor and report on progress of projects to stakeholders including:
• Staying abreast of current project status, client requests, and all creative and technical issues and risks
• Managing and overseeing budget monitoring, project profitability, and variance reporting across multiple projects
• Ensuring appropriate action plans determined are implemented to address key challenges
• Manage external vendors, such as translation, print production, and respective budget and invoice management
• Assist with new business proposal details and resourcing needs across multiple projects
• Stay on top of patient recruitment, marketing, communications, and digital landscapes in order to make relevant recommendations for application in projects and new business opportunities
• Continually improve skills in project management software and contribute to the development of tools and systems aiding in an efficient work environment and quality work product
• Demonstrate excellent client-service for both internal and external clients, with focus on continual improvement by meeting and surpassing expectations through mastery of job skills/requirements
• Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility when faced with competing priorities and/or changes in direction; display a positive and stabilizing presence for the team, motivate and elicit cooperation in a dynamic environment
• Provide advice and direction to project managers when issues arise and serve as mentor to junior team members
• Interview, train and manage direct reports; identify and coordinate training and professional development sessions; assist with new employee onboarding
• Flexible days and hours may be required to accommodate global clients
• Must be able to travel occasionally overnight and on weekends
• Complies with all corporate and departmental standard operating procedures as well as FDA and other governmental regulations (e.g., IRB, EC)
• Ensures all activities and operations are performed in compliance with regulatory and federal regulations
• Based on client and internal project demands, additional duties may be assigned
• Responsible for maintaining up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy
• As a manager, you are also responsible for ensuring that your direct reports maintain up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy
Continuum Clinical Qualities
To be successful, every Continuum Clinical employee should possess the following qualities:
• Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful, and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around;
• Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
• Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
• Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
• Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
• Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
• 7-10+ years' experience in marketing project management with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget, with 4+ years digital project management experience preferred
• 4+ years healthcare, clinical trial and/or pharmaceutical experience preferred; or 2+ years of experience directly related to patient recruitment and retention projects.
• Working knowledge and experience with the software development lifecycle (UX, creative design, and quality assurance, etc.); methodologies (Agile, waterfall); and project management tools
• Working knowledge of direct-to-patient marketing and digital marketing disciplines (CRM, paid search, search engine optimization, email marketing, social media, etc.)
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
- Continuum Clinical