Financial Analyst, Business Operations
Continuum Clinical, a part of BC Worldwide, is a global patient recruitment and retention company. We have more than twenty-five years of experience working with life sciences and pharmaceutical companies to deliver integrated marketing campaigns for clinical trial enrollment and retention. We prioritize data-driven strategy and creative thinking across disciplines including creative concept testing, insights gathering, patient advocacy, performance metrics, and data analytics.
We exist to give incredible people opportunity to make a difference.
• Kind & Compassionate
• Pride of Ownership & Accountability
The Financial Analyst, Business Operations, is a Full-Time exempt position reporting to the Associate Director, Business Operations Finance. This role plays an instrumental role supporting the Business Operations Department. This position will work cross-functionally to obtain costs and develop budgets for new business proposals and prepare budgets and change orders for clients. This position will also contribute to monthly revenue forecasting, the development of a resourcing and pricing model and assist in the implementation of any new processes, tools and systems related to the operation of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of BC Worldwide
• Support the execution integrated business operations activities across all departments by:
o Partnering with the VP, Business Operations, Senior Director, PM&O and Senior Management to implement process improvements to enable accurate costing of services, efficient execution of services and management of staff resources, and optimization of pricing to meet company financial and profitability targets
o Contributing to the development and implementation of any new processes, tools and systems related to the operation of the business
o Providing training, guidance and oversight to staff on business operations processes, tools and systems
• Develop client budgets for new business and contracts.
• Support the development of performance-based pricing models and other preferred pricing models for proposals and contracts.
• Support the expansion of the company’s pricing tool capabilities, implementation of any new pricing tools or systems, development and maintenance of costing templates and rate cards, and integration of the pricing tool with other systems
• Assist with the revenue and resource forecasting process.
• Collaborate cross-functionally in the development of new services; including costing models and pricing
• Support the development and implementation of a resource management process to enable more accurate resource forecasting and ensure staff utilization goals are being met
• Work with the Associate Director of Contracts and Outsourcing. Be able to cross train with this role to contracts through outside legal counsel, if needed.
• Support reporting and analysis that will enable Senior Management to make informed decisions regarding costing, pricing, resourcing, profitability and other needs of the business.
• Consult with functional leaders and Senior Management on complex business issues and provide strategic recommendations on potential resolutions or risk mitigations
• Ensure all department templates, document repositories, trackers and databases are being accurately maintained
• Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain knowledge of industry innovations and best practices to support company growth
• Comply with all corporate and departmental standard operating procedures as well as FDA and other governmental regulations (e.g., IRB, EC)
• Responsible for maintaining current and accurate weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy
• Based on client and internal business needs, additional duties may be assigned
Continuum Clinical Qualities
To be successful, every BC Worldwide employee should possess the following qualities:
• Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around
• Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
• Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
• Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
• Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
• Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
• Working knowledge of file sharing and collaboration software (OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.)
• Ability to learn new software systems and computer technologies quickly
Education, Experience and Certifications
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university required
• Experience: Minimum 3+ years’ relevant experience within the patient recruitment or pharmaceutical industry
- Continuum Clinical