Senior Manager, Contracts and Outsourcing
Continuum Clinical, a part of BC Worldwide, is a global patient recruitment and retention company. We have more than twenty-five years of experience working with life sciences and pharmaceutical companies to deliver integrated marketing campaigns for clinical trial enrollment and retention. We prioritize data-driven strategy and creative thinking across disciplines including creative concept testing, insights gathering, patient advocacy, performance metrics, and data analytics.
We exist to give incredible people opportunity to make a difference.
- Kind & Compassionate
- Pride of Ownership & Accountability
The Senior Manager, Contracts and Outsourcing, is a Full-Time exempt position reporting to the Senior Director, Business Operations. This person will coordinate the contracting process from development through execution with all external and internal stakeholders, including legal counsel. This position will also support operational teams in the identification, selection, qualification and management of vendors providing services to Continuum Clinical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of BC Worldwide
- Act as the central point of contact for the contracting process from development through execution for all legal agreements, including confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, project service agreements, statements of work and purchase orders
- Demonstrate expert understanding of complex legal terms, such as indemnification, limitation of liability, etc.
- Oversee the development of statements of work, budgets, and payment schedules with input from all stakeholders
- Coordinate the review of contract terms and conditions with external parties, internal stakeholders and legal counsel
- Support budget and contract negotiations with clients and vendors, including preferred pricing, volume discounts and performance-based pricing
- Manage existing contracts, including amendments and change orders
- Maintain the Company’s legal agreement templates, document repositories and databases
- Partner with Compliance to ensure contract terms and conditions align with the Company’s SOPs, legal regulations and regulatory requirements
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for functional leaders and vendors in resolving contract issues
- Collaborate with functional leaders on the vendor management process, including vendor identification, vendor RFPs, and governance activities
- Establish vendor rate cards that will be used in the Company’s pricing tool to estimate outsourced services for proposals
- Partner with Compliance to complete the qualification process for any new and existing vendors, including risk assessments and audits
- Consult with functional leaders and Compliance on vendor performance issues and corrective action plans
- Ensure terms and conditions for all sub-contracted services are in compliance with any client contractual requirements
- Work with Blue Chip and/or BC Worldwide on any cross-over vendor relationships to ensure compliance with any client contractual requirements
- Establish and conduct ongoing analysis of metrics and KPIs for contracts and vendor performance
- Provide training, guidance and oversight to staff on contract and outsourcing processes, tools and systems
- Contribute to the development and implementation of any new processes, tools and systems related to contracts, outsourcing and vendor management
- Comply with all corporate and departmental standard operating procedures as well as FDA and other governmental regulations (e.g., IRB, EC).
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with regulatory and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining current and accurate weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy.
- Ensure direct reports maintain up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy (if applicable).
Continuum Clinical Qualities
To be successful, every BC Worldwide employee should possess the following qualities:
- Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around
- Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
- Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
- Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
- Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
- Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a business-related field required; Advanced Degree (Master’s or JD) or paralegal training preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 8+ years’ contract management and outsourcing experience.
- Additional Experience: At least 4 years’ contracting and outsourcing experience within a CRO, Biotech or Pharmaceutical company.
- Certifications: National Contract Management Association certification preferred.
- Continuum Clinical