Front End Developer
Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide is an independent, fully-integrated, global marketing company that unites healthcare, retail, and brand marketers to achieve remarkable business results. We create and execute integrated marketing and communications ideas and solutions.
We exist to give incredible people the opportunity to make a difference.
• Kind & Compassionate
• Pride of Ownership & Accountability
The Front End Developer is a Full Time role who reports into the Associate Director of Front End Development. As a Front End Developer at Blue Chip, you will be an important member of our core development team responsible for developing, maintaining and updating best-in-class websites, emails and other web-based products for a variety of clients. You will also help shape our internal build tools, processes and techniques. Responsive build experience is a must, as everything we develop is built to work across varying screen sizes, browsers and devices.
As a member of the development team, you will work closely with other developers, project managers, designers, strategists and the account team in an effort to unite great ideas with great execution for the benefit of our clients. You are expected to be a self-starter, share your ideas, work hard and have a sense of humor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop and test responsive websites with the goals of cross-compatibility, accessibility and performance
• Work with the design team to bring the visual design to life through high-quality code
• Communicate to the respective project team any progress/delays quickly and accurately
• Implement and test analytics tracking methods
• Alert colleagues to emerging technologies, new techniques and/or workflow improvement opportunities
• Responsible for maintaining up-to-date weekly time tracking, per Blue Chip’s time tracking policy
BC Worldwide Qualities
To be successful, every BC Worldwide employee should possess the following qualities:
• Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around
• Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
• Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
• Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
• Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
• Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
Education, Experience and Certifications
• 2-4 years of front end development experience (agency experience preferred)
• Experience with responsive builds required
• 2-4 years of CMS theming experience
• Experience with CSS preprocessors, specifically SCSS, strongly preferred
• Experience with a modern front-end workflow strongly preferred (e.g. Vagrant, Git, Gulp, etc.)
• Experience with Vue or another modern JS framework is preferred
• Familiarity with an Agile working environment is preferred but not required
• An eye for design is preferred
• Experience with Twig or other templating languages is preferred but not required
- Creative / Web