Senior Full Stack Developer
Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide is an independent, fully-integrated, global marketing company that unites healthcare, retail, and brand marketers to achieve remarkable business results. We create and execute integrated marketing and communications ideas and solutions.
We exist to give incredible people the opportunity to make a difference.
- Kind & Compassionate
- Pride of Ownership & Accountability
As a Full-stack Web Developer at Blue Chip, you will be an important member of our core LAMP development team responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating best-in-class websites, APIs, and other web-based products for a variety of clients. You will also help shape our internal build tools, processes, and techniques. As a member of the team, you will work closely with project leaders, designers, UX, strategists and the account team to unite great ideas with great execution for the benefit of our clients. You are expected to be a self-starter, share your ideas, work hard, and have a sense of humor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of Blue Chip Worldwide
- Manage and execute clients’ website updates including programming and database changes across different frameworks and CMSs.
- Maintain a constant dialogue with the project management team to make sure development work is on time and tracking properly.
- Design, build, and maintain REST APIs to provide functionality to other systems and website
- Integrate external APIs and data sources to provide needed website functionality
- Consistently develop high-quality, maintainable, and testable (specifically, for automated testing) code
- Follow industry security standards in implementing proper safeguards and performing vulnerability testing and assessment
- Always deliver cross-browser/device uniformity and error free functionality with progressive enhancements.
- Develop mobile apps or solutions using modern Responsive Web Design
- Identify areas of improvement in existing codebases and implement appropriate changes
- Provide recommendations and expertise internally during the sales process and contribute to proposal development with project estimates
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities.
- Adhere to corporate policies related to employee reviews; contribute to the development and achievement of SMART goals
- Ensure all activities and operations are performed in compliance with applicable regulations
- Responsible for maintaining up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, web dev or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of professional web development experience. Marketing/agency experience is a plus
- Server management experience in managing a LAMP stack server
- Comprehensive understanding of security and web development standards and best practices
- Exhibit programming best practices and utilize established conventions (e.g. MVC, DRY, separation of concerns, etc.)
- Proficiency in the following languages:
- SQL (MySQL experience preferred)
- CSS (SCSS experience preferred)
- HTML (Twig or Blade experience preferred)
- Experience in the following frameworks:
- A widely-used MVC framework (Laravel or Symfony-based preferred)
- Vue.js preferred (or alternate JS framework like Angular or React) but not required
- SPA (single-page application) experience preferred but not required
- Utilize a modern web development workflow:
- local development environment (e.g. Vagrant, Homestead)
- dependency management (e.g. Composer, NPM/Yarn)
- source control (git)
- asset compilation and packaging (e.g. gulp, grunt)
- Creative / Web