Blue Chip Marketing Worldwide is an independent, fully-integrated, global marketing company that unites with healthcare, retail and brand marketers to achieve remarkable business results.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization. They will be meeting with employees across the organization that are purchasing items/services from our vendors and inputting these bills into QuickBooks in a timely fashion and ensuring they are paid per our policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of BC Worldwide
• Examine accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
• Input accounts payable with speed and accuracy
• Review records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts.
• Develop and implement proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies.
• Create SOPs, forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping for the Finance team.
• Assist with managing client’s financials
• Maintain daily operations within the finance department
• Maintain a collaborative work style to encourage maximum contribution from all team members
• Preparation of monthly financial reports and reconcile them to client and corporate P&L
• Obtain thorough understanding of WMJ and be able to perform various administrative functions
• Download credit card activity and code to projects and g/l’s
• Assist team with matching checks to vendor bills and distributing
• Observe and maintain agency confidentiality
• Identify and resolve errors and discrepancies
• Responsible for maintaining up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy.
• Complies with all corporate and departmental standard operating procedures as well as other governmental regulations.
• Ensures all activities and operations are performed in compliance with regulatory and federal regulations.
• Reconcile bank statements and client Accounts payables.
BC Worldwide Qualities
To be successful, every BC Worldwide employee should possess the following qualities:
• Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around
• Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
• Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
• Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
• Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
• Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
Education, Experience and Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
• Minimum 1-3 years’ corporate accounting or finance experience
- Finance / HR