IT Help Desk Technician
BC Worldwide is an independent, fully-integrated, global marketing company that unites healthcare, retail, and brand marketers to achieve remarkable business results. We create and execute integrated marketing and communications ideas and solutions.
We exist to give incredible people the opportunity to make a difference.
- Kind & Compassionate
- Pride of Ownership & Accountability
The Help Desk Technician reports to the Sr. IT Manager supporting internal and remote staff by installing, modifying and making minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems as well as providing technical advice and support to system users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values and culture principles of Blue Chip Worldwide
- Provides basic help desk support for problems and service requests related to hardware, software, connectivity and applications
- Conducts timely first-level problem solving for problem tickets and keeps accurate documentation
- Sees problem tickets through to completion and escalates if necessary
- Records problems and symptoms of the issue in order to accurately escalate to second or third level resources
- Sets up new users in Active Directory and Exchange when required
- Sets up new or replacement equipment for employees; package and ship as needed
- Monitor network printer resources; replace toners and place service request tickets as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for maintaining up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy
- Ensures all activities and operations are performed in compliance with regulatory and federal regulations
BC Worldwide Qualities
To be successful, every BC Worldwide employee should possess the following qualities:
- Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around
- Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
- Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
- Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
- Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
- Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Information Technology required
- A+, Net+ or other certification preferred
- Prior experience in computer-related or customer service field preferred