Digital Media Strategist
BC Worldwide is an independent, fully-integrated, global marketing company that unites healthcare, retail, and brand marketers to achieve remarkable business results. We create and execute integrated marketing and communications ideas and solutions.
We exist to give incredible people the opportunity to make a difference.
• Kind & Compassionate
• Pride of Ownership & Accountability
The Digital Media Strategist (DMS) is responsible for the strategy development, planning, buying and implementation for digital media opportunities with current Blue Chip Worldwide clients (brand and retail). You will work with business and project leaders, analytics, and ad operations teams, as well as external vendors to execute best in class digital recommendations. The person in this role will be responsible for providing the strategic rationale for the overall campaign strategy and the recommendation of specific digital tactics that span the full spectrum of digital (display, mobile, social, email, SEM, content marketing, coupons, etc.) including why digital is the right channel to accomplish set business and marketing objectives. This person should be able to speak to programmatic media buying from a planning perspective, and also understand when and why this is the right approach for a client. The DMS works closely with, and reports directly to, the Director of Digital Strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles of Blue Chip Worldwide
• Work with cross-functional agency teams to develop proposals, presentations and recommendations that include the final scope of digital campaigns.
• Develop and execute media strategy, negotiate with vendors and develop recommendations rooted in strategy.
• Responsible for negotiating digital media contracts, creating media plans & IOs across multiple clients & campaigns.
• Advise and onboard project leadership team on the full scope of digital media programs. including creative development, ad serving/tracking, micro-site development, rich media, etc.
• Stay closely involved with all campaigns, beyond the launch, to deliver the best results for our clients in conjunction with the Analyst team.
• Collaborate with the integrated planning teams and agency counterparts on the development of digital marketing campaign concepts and strategies for our clients; be able to speak to the unique ways different digital strategies work within a campaign structure and compliment/support other offline tactics
• Uncover/Understand client objectives, challenges and needs as it pertains to digital
• Actively participate in long range and short range strategic planning for our existing clients.
• Responsible for identifying and developing digital strategies alongside the lead account person, driving both results for the client as well as Digital Marketing revenue growth for Blue Chip.
• Maintain a constant dialogue with agency counterparts and account teams to ensure digital has a seat at the table during critical client brainstorms and pitches and to ensure learnings are applied from past campaigns into future growth recommendations.
• Stay on top of changing digital landscape by staying up to date on blogs, marketing materials, networking, meeting and building relationships with new digital vendor partners, with the goal to understanding the benefits between working with different vendors and be able to clearly provide strategic rationale for all vendor recommendations
• Communicate effectively and present to clients and agency counterparts
• Responsible for maintaining up to date weekly time tracking, per the Agency’s time tracking policy.
Blue Chip Worldwide Qualities
To be successful, every Blue Chip employee should possess the following qualities:
• Attitude & Commitment – you are a passionate, resourceful and productive achiever that is a pleasure to be around;
• Priority Setting – you define clear action steps and manage expectations of others
• Creative Thinking & Problem Solving – you recognize the relevancy of your ideas to the big picture, demonstrate original thinking and make an impact on your team
• Dependability – you are self-motivated to deliver the highest quality work, on time and budget
• Leadership Ability – you take initiative, motivate others and assume accountability for your actions
• Communication – you use organized, constructive communication to facilitate great work
Education, Experience, and Certifications
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in advertising/media
• Agency experience in marketing, advertising or related fields required
• Strong digital and client facing experience
• Demonstrated experience building digital media plans (buying and implementing) required
• Shopper marketing digital experience highly desired
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital disciplines including, but not limited to websites, mobile sites/apps, social media, SEO, SEM, banner advertising, digital coupons, digital video, content marketing, programmatic media buying, etc.
• Experience in integrated brand and retail marketing is preferred
- Strategic Services