This Privacy was last modified and is effective as of 02/01/2016.
Collection and Use of Information
Blue Chip may collect personally identification information ("PII") from you on or through the Digital Services, but only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. For example, we may collect PII when you respond to a survey, fill out a contact form, apply for employment, or in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on or through the Digital Services. PII that may be collected includes, but isn’t limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, title or occupation, employer, and telephone number. Additional types of PII that may be collected on or through the Digital Services include, without limitation:
- If you are applying for employment, information such as your user name and password, work authorization status, contact information, employment history and preferences, educational background, salary history and requirements, information necessary to conduct pre-employment screening, and any other information you submit in connection with your application or include on the resume and other materials you upload to the Digital Services.
- If you are sharing content from the Digital Services, such as a job description, with a third party, the third party email address will also be collected.
You may refuse to supply PII, but this may prevent you from engaging in certain activities available on the Digital Services.
PII is used for the purpose for which it was collected and for administrative and analytical purposes. For example, Blue Chip may use your PII for the following purposes:
- To provide the services or information you have requested.
- To run a survey or other feature of the Digital Services.
- To create and manage any accounts you may have with us and respond to your inquiries.
- To recruit candidates for employment opportunities.
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of and optimizing our advertising; analyzing our products, services, websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our websites, mobile applications and any other digital assets; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities).
- To send you information and communications you have agreed to receive.
- To comply with industry standards and our policies.
In addition, when you opt not to receive advertising and promotional emails from us, we collect and store certain information, such as your email address, in order to comply with your preferences regarding such materials.
Information from Children
The Digital Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 18. If you are under the age of 18, you should not use the Digital Services and should not submit any information to us. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 18 has given us PII, you can contact us.
We may collect non-personal information automatically whenever you interact with the Digital Services. This information may include technical information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser name, device type, operating system, the Internet Service Providers utilized, application software, time and date you visit or use the Digital Services, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the pages you access, the address of the website that directed you to the Digital Services or the website you visit when you leave the Digital Services, and other similar information. Blue Chip uses this information to understand patterns of site activity and to improve the Digital Services.
Accessing and Updating PII
Some Digital Services may allow you to set up an account and access and update your PII by logging into your account and going to the appropriate section of your account. You may contact us to update your PII.
You can opt out of receiving future promotional email communications from us by following the unsubscribe procedure indicated within each promotional email you may receive from us or by contacting us. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from Blue Chip, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Interest-Based Behavioral Advertising
Blue Chip does not currently engage in interest-based behavioral advertising on the Digital Services or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites.
Tools on Mobile Devices
You can control the tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notification on your phone. Please consult your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on clearing cookies, disabling location services, and disabling push notifications.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals
Blue Chip does not currently respond to DNT signals.
How we protect your information
We maintain safeguards designed to protect the PII you provide, although we cannot guarantee such information will be secure from intrusion or breach. We urge you to use caution when online. This includes not sharing your passwords. If you wish to cancel a password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password, please promptly contact us.
Sharing your personal information
- Affiliates. Blue Chip may transfer PII to its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Service Providers. Blue Chip may disclose PII to third party consultants and service providers to help us operate our business and the Digital Services, including, but not limited to, providers of hosting, support, maintenance and repair services, employee recruitment, screening and processing services, email delivery services, survey services, evaluation data analysis, data cleansing, promotion administration and fulfillment, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fraud protection and risk reduction.
- Reorganization or Sale of the Company. In the event that Blue Chip or any of its affiliates is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that Blue Chip or any of its affiliates is sold or sells all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the PII we collect may be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer PII to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so.
In addition, we may share anonymous aggregated information not linked to PII with our business partners, affiliates, clients, advertisers and others.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide PII in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the PII we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of PII and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2013 will receive information regarding 2012 sharing activities). To obtain this information, please contact us with a request for your California privacy information and provide your name, street address and email address. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" law and only information on covered sharing, if any, will be included in our response.
Links to and from other websites
- Third-party sites: The Digital Services may link to the sites and services of third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Consent of Data Transfer of Non-U.S. Residents
If you reside in a country other than the United States, upon providing your PII to Blue Chip, you will be indicating your explicit consent that the PII you have provided may be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
Attn: Privacy Officer
650 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062